I swear with the amount of time I have put into all of these you would think I would be farther.. I just feel like my sources aren't good or I don't have catalog pictures of them if I find other scholarly sources mentioning them. I was doing so well with the Northwest Coast Paddles and now I'm basically taking any mention of the other objects
74-2-48 Spain Card Case
sure it's a calling card case. and sure it's super easy to find similar looking things in auctions. but they are auctions and thus not scholarly sources.
74-2-20 Heart Shaped Box
Made in Germany. By Simon Rosenau. In Jean's travelogue for when she got it. That's what I've got. That's it. No catalog or pretty pictures unless you count the one I found on ebay which sadly does not work
74-2-45 New Zealand Dancing Balls
most likely made with either palm leaves or flax. Maori. Usually called Poi now sadly not Dancing Balls. Sad. I can find where to buy them if that's what you're interested in but past that I have nothing. Why?!?!
74-2-58 Matchbox Bean Pods (if that's really what you are)
Sure they look like them. But they also look like what they call 7 different types of pods that all look the same.
74-2-39 Northwest Coast Paddles
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. probably cedar. probably haida. 3 catalog references. thank you.
Next time I need to learn to sit in one of the seats where they only have to have 4 objects instead. If only I had known.
haha. Hugs! I have no advice at this moment--I'll leave that to Dr. C to determine how to solve these issues. But it makes me happy (in a "we're in the same boat" kinda way) that you are so interested in getting this right. Makes me feel ever so slightly less crazy! :D
ReplyDelete