This is not my object. I repeat not my object. Just a very good representation of it by the same manufacturer. Thank goodness and I have found it. It only took me an hour and a half of online silver stamp searching.
I can absolutely post where I got the photos. I found it on ebay actually which was super surprising. My other post has the link to the Simon Rosenau person and his stamp.
I have just uploaded to SacCT a zipfile under a tab labeled Grand Tour. Check out the image named "Transcript 2" -- it mentions a silver bonbonierre. I wonder if all the sisters got one or if perhaps this is THE one mentioned? I want to go with that idea for just a day, because it would be pretty amazing if it were true (and alas, we will never know--but the fact that one is mentioned in the journal is still important research data!).
Who was Marion? It sounds like the silver bonbonierre was a birthday present which makes me wonder if all of the girls got them for their 21st birthday.
Great detective work! Can you post the link to where you found the photos?
ReplyDeleteI can absolutely post where I got the photos. I found it on ebay actually which was super surprising. My other post has the link to the Simon Rosenau person and his stamp.
Deletehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-Simon-Rosenau-800-Silver-Heart-Shaped-Repousse-Ring-Box-German-RARE-/380410248865
I will post the link on an actual blog post once I get my pictures of it also uploaded.
Interesting. I wonder if you would be able to contact the ebay seller? Maybe they have more info on the box and where it came from?
ReplyDeleteNice work!!
ReplyDeleteI have just uploaded to SacCT a zipfile under a tab labeled Grand Tour. Check out the image named "Transcript 2" -- it mentions a silver bonbonierre. I wonder if all the sisters got one or if perhaps this is THE one mentioned? I want to go with that idea for just a day, because it would be pretty amazing if it were true (and alas, we will never know--but the fact that one is mentioned in the journal is still important research data!).
ReplyDeleteWho was Marion? It sounds like the silver bonbonierre was a birthday present which makes me wonder if all of the girls got them for their 21st birthday.
Delete