Well not much to say so far.
Mostly just been looking up my objects online and trying to figure out exactly where they are from and how they can be associated with the rest of the collection.
My Dancing Balls object are from New Zealand so I started there. I had never heard about the Maori girls, but they seem more popular than I had realized. They have an entire Catholic school in New Zealand. I figure if we end up doing a timeline this object would have potentially been part of their life together or part of George's life before he met Alice.
One of my objects is from Spain so I want to try to figure out who went to Spain and when.
Two of my objects might end up proving difficult to determine where they are from, but only time will tell.
Lab hours:
A little over 3 hours was spent looking up items online.
About 45 minutes was spent trying to map out my objects and the lives of the Beardsley's, but without more information (potentially from Carrie) it's proving to be difficult trying to trace them on my own.
About 20 minutes was spent trying to add everyone to my blog roll, which after I did ended up not even adding people. Apparently it will only let me do them separately as opposed to all of them at once.
That was as much as I got to. I still need to go back down the museum and take actual pictures of my objects as opposed to my phone pictures which didn't turn out as well as I would like. I also need to try to talk to Carrie about what she knows of their travels over time.
Sounds like you're getting a good start on things. I am hoping to spend some time next week going through the numerous passenger lists available on ancestry.com in order to try to piece together when and where they traveled. We might get some insight from there. I'd do it this week, but with the field trip I am just too busy. I'll let you know what I find.
ReplyDeleteAs for the blog roll issues, if I'm understanding you correctly, then yes you have to add and save one url at a time. If you still need, I'm happy to sit down with you any time during my office hours and help. You can also come in and take pictures when I'm here too.