So, I have already gone to the Museum to figure out what my random assortment of numbers, accession numbers, were.
My numbers were:
74-2-20
74-2-39
74-2-45
74-2-48
74-2-58a to 58j
Based strictly on the accession sheets on blackboard these objects are;
20: heart shaped container with gold lining
39: two North West Coast canoe paddles, painted.
45: New Zealand dancing balls (thus the name of my blog)
48 (which comes up as 49): metal and shell card case from Spain
58: match box beans in box Australia
However, I did the accession sheet look-up process on blackboard after going to the Museum and receiving my items. What can I say, I'm impatient. The accession sheet had the base information but seeing the objects gave a better idea on what I was dealing with. In addition to getting me my objects, Carrie also helped me gather my catalog card information.
This is my record of my objects in addition to some of the information obtained from the cards inside the bags accompanying my objects
20: heart shaped container with gold interior, flower patterns
39: pair of paddles, painted, North West coast, wood, red and black design patterns
they are also numbered: MIC 54A and MSC 54B
45: Dancing Balls: New Zealand. Balls such as these of twisted fiber and plaited palm leaf are used by girls while dancing. Holding the string in the hand the balls are twirled to accent the rapid beat of the dance. (All on a card that came with them).
Used by the Maori girls
Also numbered: FIB 9, Beardsley 49
Two grass like cylindrical balls held together by string/ twine, most likely leaves.
48: On the card: Spain. metal and shell inlay, work. card case.
Also numbered: MSC 44
Silver card boz, shell: abalone, clasp, pearlesque, interior lined in red velvet
58: Also numbered: MSC 77
Card: portion of a pod of the Queensland or Match box Bean, Port Towensend Queensland
I know. It's a fairly random assortment of items, but that's what I picked. From just looking at some of the other people's that were there when I went (Nancy), there are some things that fit together.
No comments:
Post a Comment